You can easily create a copy of an inspection that you've already done in the app. This can be helpful if you are inspecting the same vehicle over and over and instead of starting with a brand new inspection each time you want to start with the last inspection and only change what needs to be changed.
- First, open the InspectARide app and tap on the 'Open Previous Inspection' button on the home screen.
- This will bring up a list of your recently worked inspections on the local device. Select the inspection that you want to copy. In this example, we'll choose the 2008 Chevrolet Impala.
- This will open the original inspection. To create a copy of this inspection (and leave the open inspection unchanged), tap on the 'Copy Inspection' button.
- This brings up the 'Enter New File Name' box. Enter a new file name. In this example, we'll add 'January 2017' to the name of the inspection and tap on 'Save' when finished.
- A copy of the original inspection file has now been created with a different name. You can make the desired changes to this new file without impacting the information in the original.