The InspectARide app will automatically create backups of the data on your device. You can also manually create a backup at any point in time within the app. If you find that you want to restore a backup, this is very simple to do on the app and below are the steps for doing this.
- First, open the InspectARide app and tap on the 'Settings' button on the home screen.
- Next, tap on 'App Maintenance'.
- Here we can see a list of all the backups on this device. To restore one, tap on the 'Restore' icon for the backup you want to restore.
- A message will appear letting you know that this will overwrite the existing data on this device and that you will need to enter your username/password again after completing this process. Tap on 'Yes' to continue.
NOTE: You may need to log in to the portal to remove a device after the backup is restored so that you can connect to the cloud again. To remove the connection from an existing device, in the portal go to 'Settings', then the 'Devices' tab, and then click 'Delete Device' under 'Actions' next to the device you wish to remove.
- The backup will now be restored, and you will be taken directly to the 'Set Up Cloud' screen. Enter your credentials to connect the device and you'll be ready to go.