When creating your own checklists, you can pre-fill answers in fields to save time. This can be helpful in many cases, including if you are setting up a template for a specific vehicle you're inspecting routinely or a field tends to have the same answer. It is important to note that after you start an inspection with an answer pre-filled, you can still change it on that inspection if needed.
- The first step is to log in to the InspectARide portal by entering your username and password here: https://www.inspectaride.com/login.
- Once logged in, go to 'Templates'.
- Here we have a list of all of our templates, and we need to select the one we want to pre-fill an answer on. Let's select the 'Basic Vehicle' template. We could also choose to create a new template and follow the same process.
- Now tap on 'Edit' so we can make changes to it.
- In the 'Inspection Details' section, we have a field on each item for 'Default Value' where we type the answer we want to automatically fill in for new inspections that use the template.
- Let's say that all of the vehicles we inspect are Fords, so we know that the Make will always be Ford. Because of this, we can tap on 'Not Assigned' next to Make and type in 'Ford' so that this answer is pre-filled.
- Now that we have pre-filled the information we wanted, we are ready to publish this template so the update is available on our mobile devices. To do this, scroll back to the top and tap on the 'Publish' button. As long as the 'Deploy when Published' setting is set to 'ON', the next time you open your mobile device with an internet/data connection, the updated template will be available.
- When we start our next inspection with the template we can see that 'Ford' is automatically filled in for 'Make'.