Did you know that you can create your own templates (checklists) in InspectARide? When working on a template, you can create a ‘draft’ that is only available in the portal until the template is finished. Once the template is finished, you’ll want to publish it, so it is available for use on your mobile devices. Publishing a template is easy, and this document explains how to do it.
- The first step is to log in to the InspectARide portal by entering your username and password here: https://www.inspectaride.com/login.
- Once logged in, go to ‘Templates’.
- Here we have a list of all of our templates. We can choose to modify an existing template or create a new template. Let’s say we want to make a few changes to the ‘Basic Vehicle’ template, so we’ll tap on it in the list.
- Now tap on ‘Edit’ so that we can make changes to it.
- At this point, you can make all the desired changes and edits to the template you are working on. At the top of the screen, we have options where we can decide what we want to do with the template. We can choose ‘Publish’, ‘Save Draft’, or ‘Delete Draft.
- If you haven’t finished work on the template you would want to tap on ‘Save Draft’ to save your progress and continue working later.
- ‘Delete Draft’ would delete all the changes you made.
- ‘Publish’ would publish the template to be available for use on your devices. If you have the ‘Deploy when Published’ option set to ‘ON’ the next time you open your mobile device and it has an internet/data connection, the new template will be available when you start a new inspection.