This video walks through how to move InspectARide from one device to another.
You can move a cloud connection from one device to another, which is helpful when replacing a mobile device you use for your inspections.
- The first step is to log in to the InspectARide portal by entering your username and password here: https://www.inspectaride.com/login.
- Once logged in, go to 'Settings'.
- Next, tap on the 'Device Management' tab.
- Here we will see a listing of all devices currently associated with our account. We can see the 'Device Name' that was given at the time of setup, the date the cloud connection was created, and the last time the device 'checked in' with the cloud.
- To remove the connection from an existing device, tap on 'Delete Device' under 'Actions'. In this example, we will delete the 'SampleUser1121' device.
- A message will appear stating that once you delete this device, you will no longer be able to upload inspections from it. Tap 'OK' to confirm.
- Next, a message will appear confirming that the cloud connection for the device has been deleted. Tap 'OK' to continue.
- Now that this is done, a cloud connection is available, which can be used for your new device. To set up a new device, download the InspectARide app from the App/Play Store by searching for 'InspectARide'.
- When you open the InspectARide app, you will see a screen with several options. Tap the button at the bottom for 'Set Up Cloud'.
- This takes you to a screen where you can enter your Username and Password. These will be the credentials that you set up when you created your account. Enter these along with a Name for the device and tap on 'Continue'.
NOTE: You will need an internet/data connection to set up the cloud connection.
- If you have successfully entered your credentials, you will receive a message that says, 'Your Cloud Drive account is now connected!'. Tap on 'OK' to continue.
- Your Cloud Drive is now connected! You will be now taken back to the app's opening screen, and at the bottom, you'll be able to see how full your cloud drive is.