When setting up a new device, you may want to move your InspectARide information (inspections, templates, dropdowns) from one device to a new one. This can easily be done by creating a backup on a device and then restoring it on the new one.
Step 1: Creating the Backup
- First, open the InspectARide app on the device on which you will be creating the backup and tap on the 'Settings' button on the home screen.
- Next, tap on 'App Maintenance'.
- This will bring up a screen where you can create a backup of the data on your device. Tap on the 'Backup Now' button to create the backup.
- The backup gets created and is automatically uploaded to the cloud so that you can access it on other devices. You can also see that it is stored on the local device.
Step 2: Restoring the Remote Backup
- Now that the backup has been created we are ready to restore it on our new device. You will first need to make sure the device is connected to your cloud so that you can access the created backup from your cloud. Once connected, open the app and tap 'Settings'.
- Next, tap on 'File Manager'.
- Now, tap on the icon for 'Backups' to bring up the 'Backups' view.
- Next, we need to tap on the 'Cloud' icon to see the backups on our cloud. This will allow us to view the backup we created on our other device and uploaded.
- Here we'll see a list of all the backups we've created. We want to download the one we created today, so we'll tap on the download icon.
- The backup is now downloaded, and we are ready to restore it. Tap 'OK' on the message that appears on screen and then tap on the back button in the top left corner to go back to the 'Settings' screen.
- Tap on the 'App Maintenance' button.
- Next, tap on the 'Restore' icon to restore the backup that we just downloaded.
- A message will appear letting you know that this will overwrite the existing data on this device and that you will need to enter your username/password again once the restoration is finished. Tap on 'Yes' to continue.
NOTE: You may need to log in to the portal to remove a device after the backup is restored so that you can connect to the cloud again. To remove the connection from an existing device, open the portal and go to 'Settings', then the 'Devices' tab, and then click 'Delete Device' under 'Actions' next to the device you wish to remove.
- The backup is now restored, and you will be taken directly to the 'Set Up Cloud' screen. Enter your credentials to connect the device, and you'll be ready to go!